Saturday, August 14, 2021

The World of Maniacs: the 21st century


I wonder in what point of future can there be such diligent doer of a generation to be able to compile every byte of information transmitted through the medium of internet, maybe into a multimedia corpus known as Encyclopedia of Cyber Freedom/ Citizen Journalism/ Personal Vlogs to Trashes. Why not from the close of the 20th century, when the same boon or devil came into being. But I do also wonder can such a doing generation be that fastidious, given the case now in our own time of being so whimsical, our capricious minds all about this and that need or the want of this and that? Oh, we, the hungry ghosts, do care after all about our own identities that are but sham and farce. We know ourselves as monsters, but we like to present ourselves as so affected with a tiny news of some mishap happened somewhere in a corner of the world, almost like somewhere so remote by space and time, thereby unrelated. But so related in proximity by concerning what I want now, the fast joy.  

And, after all, if such a generation can be into being, if I can be reborn there with some memory of what I write here now, I want first of all to learn about Tibetans in exile from 1996 onward till the time when internet is nothing more than radio now on 14th August, 2021. I think I can draw a great lesson about self-destruction from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment