Monday, July 19, 2021

Joy or Pain: The Oxymoron

 "སྐྱིད་པོ་རང་གིས་མ་བཏང་ན། །སྡུག་པོ་མི་ཡིས་གཏང་ཡོང་ངོ།།" 

"Joy, if you can't cull it up for yourself, pain, those in the name of 'human beings' can inflict it upon you." 

Say, a well-known Tibetan proverb, namely seemingly came about as a repartee from the mouth of an obscure working class veteran back in the century almost not less than three generations or more. And I don't have any idea why this witticism has happened to pop up in my mind when I was mulling over the statistical as well as individually disported facts about Belgium being the happiest country in the world. But Marcel Proust, I have been with you since the outset of this pandemic. Your being that pedantically boring sometimes is nothing other than my being not outgrown yet, or your sense of humanity outweighs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment