Friday, August 7, 2009

Its Countenance


I

Self-Proofing

Delving into and poring over the internal passion that has compelled me to wade through the quagmire of winding emotional warfare, I now happen to find a nuance--the comparison that should be studied and noted: really my part lacks the gist of being free of any hindrances and setbacks; it suffers from a sort of filth like personality based dignity maintenance that hauls me back to my only craving position, so crude and unqualified. I suffer and so I have to. Even if I can now identify my poor side, I find myself tethered there, to be there where I am. I withdraw that I should do being considerate towards the other side, if there is one, or no matter how ridiculous it is--an unilateral crudeness. "This part is over!" I hear an inner voice, but I can't grasp what it tries to say. Isn't withdrawing justifiable? Who is there to answer this question of mine? I think you can't just simplify what is complicated and complicate what is simple--I learned it from a quote by Arundhati Roy, one of my favourite ones.

II

A Looming Shadow

A predicament there can be,
A malaise, a dilemma and so on...
To learn, to hone, to put to test--
How eligible you are.

But, wait, even there can be,
Wonder an epitome to compare with,
A standard to judge it:
How deep your pain is.

I confess I failed.
"Your ground is shaky!"
I take it as I feel it--
This limp heart is almost defunct.

Still from the overcast night sky
I see the reflection of rays,
No, can't be a beacon but a light
I can stare at, the only illumination.

With my shaky ground,
I crane, swivel my head
Is there any I can spot around--not at all.
I find I am blind from within.


No comments:

Post a Comment