Monday, August 3, 2009

A Bruised Heart Cries


I cry as I stumble into this quagmire, a cry...

Hu, la, la, la, la.....happy times are gone!
Now, taut, tense and toughened
I plod through--a melee, a scrimmage
Simmering flurries--this is the life
That I have to wade across
Not to reach over there for you,
But to spend it thus.

A meeting there can be
Accident it is only.
Don t take it that seriously, silly headed!
Toughen harder, harder to chilled stone
This delicate and sensitive little heart!
I don t need it that fragile
As so called to Love it feeds on.

Life is too good!
I heard once from someone.
Lucky he must be;
Pray to be toughened to this chilled stone-heart
He may not have to undergo!
His fragile heart can t take it by then--
He must be there where he is ever!

Yet another strange sense:
To sense is breathing a bit further.
I feed on it through the process--
Congealing the little sphere of blood to ice-hard solidity.

I cry but I can laugh as well along
May be nearing another turn--
Can it be that hard to break it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment