Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Five-Fifty Forum, 2019

Sikyong's Kennedy's speech like but imploring way of voicing 'don't ask what CTA can do for you, but, rather, say what you can do for the sustenance of Tibetan struggle by doing what you can for CTA' is timely, if not late, despite being prevaricating in some way as always for this trait of not welcoming any critiques but all praise. Yes, it's timely, for I've come across such niggard Tibetans here in France not paying their GB dues saying 'I will send it to India to be done there, cheaper.' But there are those so prodigal in spending hundreds or thousands in euros in betting games so rife here, at those muggy, musty bars and cafes known as Tabac. And about the importance of Tibetan language and preserving our cultural values, I can see how Tibetans squander their time, when off the chore of a treadmill, by idling it away for any divertissements at hand, be it at a park for a round of playing cards, at Stalingrad, or any such trifles. Sadly, there are those I've come across who had some schooling to college in India: leave aside in Tibetan but so variable in English. So, as my own notion, I can consider a Tibetan being invariable in a certain alien language not being able to write in Tibetan. And as of our cultural values, I wonder even one out of those I've come across has ever taken notice of how his or her ever experience of a paroxysm, like anger or fear, is shot through, namely having this mindfulness of observing it in real time in some way so far, to get to the root of it and its ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment